Over Christmas, there’s no doubt you’ll have received an abundance of new items for your home that are currently sat waiting to be put away.
Many of us use January as a good excuse to have a relook at our lives, make important changes and try to better ourselves; both in terms of our health or our life objectives. Sometimes these life changes can seem a little daunting to say the least.
Our top tips to organising your home, room by room provides realistic changes that will have an immediate impact on your home life; saving you time and unnecessary stress.
The kitchen is the heart and soul of the house; a space for cooking, eating, entertaining and socialising. Keeping this area organised is essential for maximising the space.
- 1. Go through the cupboards and throw out anything that’s out of date
- 2. Buy storage containers to help organise your cupboards/ pantry
- 3. Have a look through your utensils and throw out anything that has been in the cupboards for years. If you haven’t used it in the last year, the chances are you won’t. If throwing things out doesn’t feel right, take it to a local charity shop.
Has your office become a dumping ground for piles of paperwork? Is there an old printer sat in the corner gathering dust? A decluttered, and organised office can actually give you that motivational push you need to get on with any new projects, starting the year as you mean to go on. So why not:
- 1. Throw out any old unused office equipment
- 2. Go through any piles of paperwork, throwing and shredding any that you don’t need.
- 3. File all other documents in a filing cabinet ensuring any that you need access to are easy to find.
It’s common knowledge that very few garages are used for the storage of the car. Most people either renovate it to provide more living space, or use it as an area for storage or workshop. As a multipurpose space it’s essential that it’s well thought out and organised.
- 1. Use a slat wall to hang and organise smaller accessories.
- 2. Install a set of old school lockers and assign one to each member of your family.
- 3. Create extra space and store bikes vertically.
By following these simple changes, your stress levels will be reduced and you’ll find that you have more time to enjoy the things you love to do.
If you find that once your home is reorganised you’re still struggling for space, why not think about self a self-storage unit. Get in touch with Spaces and Places and start 2017 on a positive note!