As the temperature drops and winter approaches many people are preparing to store items that go unused during the colder months of the year. However if your home or garage is already full, storing these things can be a problem. Using a self-storage unit is an easy way to save on space in your home.
Here are a few seasonal belongings commonly stored in units during the winter.
- Summer clothing – In a small living space, it can make a big difference to put out-of-season clothing in a storage unit.
- Garden furniture – more and more people are using their garden as another room with dining tables, sofas, heaters, parasols and soft furnishing, but all this furniture need to be stored in a dry place over the winter.
- Lawn equipment – once the lawn has had its final cut of the season the lawn mower, grass clippers and other garden tools require storing in a dry place.
- Recreational gear – Put away sporting equipment, such as skateboards, hiking boots, wet suits and life jackets, until the warm weather returns.
- Small engine vehicles – if you only ride your motorcycle during the summer months, put it away in storage to gain more space at home.
- Holiday home – if you have a static caravan which can’t be used during the winter month there may be many items like TV’s, bedding, soft furnishing, beach gear that you want to store safely until you start using your caravan again
- Camping Gear – while camping is great in the summer, all the gear can take up a lot of storage space over the winter.
To protect items that you are not using during the winter, store them with Spaces and Places. It makes the ideal solution to save you space at home while keeping all your possessions safe and secure.
Self-storage with Spaces and Places is easy to use. They offer flexible, short term contracts that are affordable. You have access to your unit 24/7 and your belongings are protected by top of the range security, get in touch with your local storage site today.