Holiday Season is in full swing now and many of us will be looking forward to that well-earned break in the sunshine.
Unfortunately many of us will also have concerns about leaving our home when we go away, wondering if it will be safe and secure.
Here are some tips for keeping possessions safe at home while you go away on holiday.
Make sure that it does not look as if you are away:-
- Cancel papers and the milk,
- Use the Royal Mail ‘keepsake’ service to halt your post while you are away
- Ask a neighbour to go into the house each day to remove free newspapers and leaflets from the front door mat,
- Mow the lawns before you go away
- Leave blinds and curtains open
- Use timers on lamps in different rooms in the house to come on and go off at various times
- Lock all doors and windows securely
- Don’t advertise you are away on social media by posting statements and photos about your holiday
- Check your house insurance policy is up to date and all your possessions are covered
- Hide small valuables like jewellery in different places around the house or in a small safe
Alternatively if you have a lot of larger valuable items like paintings and antiques you could use self-storage to temporarily hold your treasured possessions while you are away.
At Spaces and Places we value your stuff as much as you do! We pride ourselves on offering great customer service and exceptional security- all our facilities have 24 hour security and access is available at any time.
Spaces and Places are safe, flexible and affordable. We make choosing and using a self-storage facility as easy as possible. We offer clean, high quality and secure storage units, which are simple to rent and just as easy to give notice. There are no long term contracts, and there are plenty of ways to pay
Call: 0800 124 4363 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
When we think of summer, we think of sunshine, holidays and making the most out of the long evenings. Even though summer is the time for relaxing, it is also the prime time to be burgled.
Did you know burglary crime rates increase by approximately 10% throughout July and August according to police records?
Due to the increase in the summer months and to make sure you are not prone to burglary, read our suggestions.
- 1. Lock all door, windows and any other openings into your house. This may sound obvious, but 30% of burglars walk through an open door.
- 2. Do not advertise on social media that you are going on holiday. Save the photos and memories for after you return.
- 3. Let somebody you trust know your travel plans. A neighbour would be the best option as they are able to keep an eye on your home and make sure no unusual activities are taking place.
- 4. Make your house look like somebody is home. Ask your neighbour to collect any post, have a light switched on and leave cars parked in the driveway.
- 5. Install a security system as homes without security alarms are three times more likely to be broken into. This extra hassle will make a burglar head to a different house in order to not be caught.
Taking precaution is the top priority when going on holiday, but in order to put your mind at ease while you are away; store your valuables.
More and more people are using storage units to store their memorable and keepsake items while they go away on holiday. Storage units are not only secure, but they are extremely affordable.
At Spaces and Places, we offer units that are fitted with a ‘lockbox.’ The lockbox prevents any tampering with your padlock, and only you own a set of keys to the unit, so be sure to not lose them! We even have CCTV which keep eyes on your units 24/7.
Get in touch with Spaces and Places today and secure a storage unit; it will put your mind in full relax mode while you are on holiday.