When we think of summer, we think of sunshine, holidays and making the most out of the long evenings. Even though summer is the time for relaxing, it is also the prime time to be burgled.
Did you know burglary crime rates increase by approximately 10% throughout July and August according to police records?
Due to the increase in the summer months and to make sure you are not prone to burglary, read our suggestions.
- 1. Lock all door, windows and any other openings into your house. This may sound obvious, but 30% of burglars walk through an open door.
- 2. Do not advertise on social media that you are going on holiday. Save the photos and memories for after you return.
- 3. Let somebody you trust know your travel plans. A neighbour would be the best option as they are able to keep an eye on your home and make sure no unusual activities are taking place.
- 4. Make your house look like somebody is home. Ask your neighbour to collect any post, have a light switched on and leave cars parked in the driveway.
- 5. Install a security system as homes without security alarms are three times more likely to be broken into. This extra hassle will make a burglar head to a different house in order to not be caught.
Taking precaution is the top priority when going on holiday, but in order to put your mind at ease while you are away; store your valuables.
More and more people are using storage units to store their memorable and keepsake items while they go away on holiday. Storage units are not only secure, but they are extremely affordable.
At Spaces and Places, we offer units that are fitted with a ‘lock box.’ The lock box prevents any tampering with your padlock, and only you own a set of keys to the unit, so be sure to not lose them! We even have CCTV which keep eyes on your units 24/7.
Get in touch with Spaces and Places today and secure a storage unit; it will put your mind in full relax mode while you are on holiday.